Seaside (Dampa) in Macapagal Blvd

Last night, I ate 1 kilo of crabs swimming in butter and garlic! Hello carbs!! Cooking crabs is one of the cruelest  thing because they a...


Last night, I ate 1 kilo of crabs swimming in butter and garlic! Hello carbs!!

Cooking crabs is one of the cruelest thing because they are killed, boiled while still alive and sometimes they're even tied up. >_< 

Well, as long as I don't see it. --End of drama--

So this time, we decided to go to the wet market and choose our own raw seafood and meat to be cooked. [I love wet markets so I'm very excited. It's where all classes of people meet and I get the chance to talk to locals.]

Buying seafood compared to ready cooked meal saves you few hundred bucks. I'm not (yet) an expert of choosing seafood, so not sure if I picked the best ones. Next time, I will have to bring my mom. Haha!

Sample Market prices (prices are still negiotable):
Crabs- P550 per kilo
Tahong - P50 per 1/2 kilo
Pork - P120
Shrimp - P550 per kilo

Fruits
Chestnut - P240 per kilo
Lanzones davao - P180 per kilo
Longgan - P160 per kilo

My favorite resto in the area is Robbie's Palutuan. It's clean and i love their buttered sauce. Check out their menu http://robbiespalutuan.com/menu_macapagal.html

And where it is located. http://robbiespalutuan.com/locmap_macapagal.html



tropical and exotic fruits - durian and dragon fruit

Kastanyas (or chestnuts in English)

Tropical and exotic fruits - Lanzones and Longan (translated literally as "dragon eye").  Longan is grown somewhere else in Southeast Asia.   I 

You Might Also Like

0 comments