I spent my birthday at Stilts Calatagan, Batangas

So I decided to spend my birthday at the beach. I was looking for a resort and luckily DealGrocer introduced me to this resort called &qu...


So I decided to spend my birthday at the beach. I was looking for a resort and luckily DealGrocer introduced me to this resort called "Stilts" located in Calatagan, Batangas.  It's just 3 hours drive from Manila (as if I drive! thanks bf!) :)  As usual, I looked it up at tripadvisor, youtube and some blogs.  Well, my taste approved it and so booked for one day. But then I decided to stay for another day so I called up Miss Mina Herrera and asked if I can get the same rate as DealGrocer's because it had been sold out..  Luckily, she gave me a discounted rate!




So here are the details.
  • We booked at DealGrocer for a stay in a Small cottage (Caliraya/Boracay) for P4,500
  • The second day, same room, Miss Mina gave it for P5,250
  • This includes breakfast, 2 hours snorkeling/kayaking activities, plus taxes.



When i checked their website, the small cottage is actually worth P7,000.  Big thanks to Miss Mina! There are smaller and cheaper rooms, but they're built on land.  Stilts are better. :D

 Likes

  • The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.  They level to 5 star resorts - always smiling and accommodating.
  • It's really peaceful and quiet (btw, there is no TV).
  • When you go snorkeling, a life guard will accompany and swim with you.  He even taught me how to deep dive.
  • We stayed at the Boracay cottage and it has the perfect view and we can access wifi from there.
  • The room is huge! It has 1 double bed, 1 sofa bed, an attic, kitchen, dining table, sala.  My favorite is the spacious veranda that has a hammock facing the beach. LOVELY!!  I don't think they should call it as a "small" cottage. :)
  • The surrounding is clean, greeny, flowery, and well maintained.
  • Since it's my birthday, they gave me a mug and bouquet of fresh garden flowers. They're very pretty! Thanks again!

 

Can be improved

  • The corals at the front beach are heavily damaged because of dynamite fishing.  There are only few fishes around the snorkeling area.  I think they're starting to rehabilitate it that's why they keep the sea grass.  Yes, there are sea grasses and the beach is really shallow (below knee deep) during the day.  I think it's same for all Calatagan beach houses/resorts.   Although the tides change during summer/rainy season.


 To find out more about the resort:
Here are the pictures. Enjoy!!





























You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ganda! Ganda rin pictures na nakuha mo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunset is awesome. I am really interested in buying a house for sale in Batangas so that this beach and the others be my home too.

    ReplyDelete