Bantayan, Cebu

It was a 5-day trip in Cebu. On the 3rd day, we left Malapascua Island for Bantayan Island. How to get to Bantayan Island from Malapascua...

It was a 5-day trip in Cebu. On the 3rd day, we left Malapascua Island for Bantayan Island.

How to get to Bantayan Island from Malapascua?

1. The fastest and convenient way to get to Bantayan Island from Malapascua is to hire a pump boat.  The price of the pump boats depend on their size.  The smaller the cheaper, although smaller boats are much slower - it will take you 3 hours.  It's also riskier as the waves are sometimes bigger than the boat.  

Medium sized boats can take you to Bantayan in 1.5 to 2 hours. The price ranges from P2,000 to P3,500.  

IMPORTANT: GRAB A LIFE JACKET.  It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

You can arrange the boats through the hotel (although much expensive).  There are also boat fixers outside waiting to rip you off.  I was so pissed before we left the island.  We paid for a medium boat but got a small boat instead. 

2. BUS 

This is plan B if the weather is not good.  

I researched how to find your way by bus.
  • Take the ferry from Malapascua to Maya (40php).
  • Take a Ceres bus to take you to Don Pedro, Bogo (26php). 
  • Take a tricycle to Hagnaya, San Remigio for (15php). 
  • Take the RORO ferry (135php) to Bantayan. 


When I first stepped on the beach of Bantayan, I was in awe of its beauty.   "This is paradise", I said to myself.   I almost cannot believe my eyes. 


Bantayan is surrounded by green lush.  There is no traffic, the streets are well paved (unlike Boracay).  It's breezy and the sight is very relaxing.  The island is very clean and organized.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!





Hotel Accommodation: 


We stayed at Anika Island Resort.  The resort is actually nice and the staff is helpful.  We were welcomed by warm smiles.  Finally some hospitality - the kind of treatment we didn't get in Malapascua. 

The resort is new.  The room that we got is small but clean and cozy.  Each room has a veranda (where I tied up my hammock). SWEET! The price is actually very reasonable.  

By the way, Anika arranges boat transfers from Malapascua to Bantayan for only P2500.  It's a huge boat! So best to arrange with them than with the scoundrels in Bantayan.

No WIFI in the rooms. 

The resort is located near the port.  I find the port an eyesore, so I didn't stay much at the beach.  

Rates: 
http://www.anikaislandresort.com/rates.html




This was where I mostly spent my time sleeping, reading, relaxing, and listening to Jack Johnson tracks. THE LIFE! :)







Panorama views of the resort. 





NEXT: motorcycle adventure in Bantayan.

You Might Also Like

0 comments